The Prime Minister has addressed parliament this afternoon (Monday 12th October) to announce a new three-tier Covid alert System for England, which will simplify and standardise local rules.
All of West Yorkshire will be in Tier 2 of the new Covid alert levels. The restrictions are very close to existing measures. This means:
- No household mixing indoors, including at hospitality. This will be the law and not advice
- Rule of 6 outdoors, allowing households to mix at pub/café/restaurant in outdoor seating
- Bubbles for single households & childcare exemptions continue.
- Pubs, restaurants & hospitality stay open with 10 pm curfew along with gyms, leisure centres & hairdressers.
- Exemptions and rules on weddings remain the same
- Advice against ‘unnecessary’ travel. Travel to hospitality, work, education and airport are fine
Details of the restrictions a person is under will be available on the NHS Test and Trace App.
Further guidance for extremely vulnerable people will be issued shortly.
In response to the new measures, Mark Eastwood MP said:
"The announcement made today is close to existing measures in place across Kirklees. Level 2 restrictions are clear and simple: no more than 6 people can gather outdoors and there can be no household mixing indoors. The same exemptions apply as before. I am very pleased that pubs and restaurants will still be allowed to operate. However, it is crucial that we stick to the rules, washing our hands, covering our faces and keeping space through social distancing to make sure we do not enter Level 3 restrictions"
The Prime Minister full statement can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-commons-statement-on-coronavi…