Grants for businesses in Kirklees which have had to close or been badly affected due to COVID-19
Kirklees Council has opened its portal for businesses across Kirklees to access the Government support grants for business premises forced to close as part of the national 'Lockdown' measures. Details on the eligibility criteria and application process for the additional Restrictions Grant Funding is expected to be released at the end of the month.
Dewsbury MP, Mark Eastwood:
"I know how worried people are and how tough this year has been on local businesses due to COVID-19. Many shops and businesses have already contacted me to ask how they can apply for the grants, and I encourage any eligible business to apply on the Kirklees website.
We expect the discretionary details of the Additional Restrictions (Discretionary) Grant Funding to follow near the end of the month."
Local Restrictions Support Grant - Closed
Government has announced that business premises forced to close in England from 5th November as part of the national 'Lockdown' measures will receive grants worth up to £3,000 per 28 days under the Local Restrictions Support Grant (closed) scheme.
Businesses will be eligible for the following:
- Businesses occupying premises appearing on the local business rates rating list with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on the date of the commencement of the widespread national restrictions will receive a payment of £1,334 per 28-day qualifying restriction period.
- Businesses occupying premises appearing on the local business rates rating list with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on the date of the commencement of the widespread national restrictions will receive a payment of £2,000 per 28-day qualifying restriction period
- Businesses occupying premises appearing on the local business rates rating list with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above on the commencement date of the widespread national restrictions, will receive £3,000 per 28-day qualifying restriction period.
Local Restrictions Support Grant - Open
This grant is currently available retrospectively and covers the period from when Tier 2 restrictions were imposed in Kirklees up to 4th November
Following the Chancellor's announcement on the 22nd October additional grant funding is being made be available to support businesses that were not legally required to close but that have been severely impacted by the restrictions under Tier 2.
Grant funding will be made available to hospitality, hotel, bed & breakfast and leisure businesses which have been severely impacted by reduced demand caused by Tier 2 restrictions on socialising.
Discretionary Support Grant Scheme (Additional Restrictions Grant)
The Council has also been given funding to develop discretionary grant scheme to help those businesses which - while not legally forced to close - are nonetheless severely impacted by the restrictions put in place to control the spread of Covid-19
This grant helps:
- businesses that have been legally required to close from 5th November but are not registered for Business Rates
- businesses that have remained open but have been severely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions
- self-employed residents of Kirklees who have been unable to access other Government support.
NOTE: If your business is required to remain closed when Tier 3 restrictions were introduced from 2nd December you will be able to access the Restrictions Support Grant. You will not be eligible for this round of the Additional Restrictions Grant.
Previous grant schemes
These Government grant schemes administered by the council have closed and no further applications are being accepted:
- Small Business Grant
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant
- Local Authority Discretionary Grant.